Friday, September 10, 2004

My First Love

It's introduction week here at The Bookish Girl. And who's more important than the sweetest, most lickedy, energetic dog in the whole world?

Meet Rya....







Rya is five years old(!) and still a puppy at heart. I brought her home as a puppy and she came with me to graduate school soon after. As a stranger in a strange land (Athens, Georgia) Rya was the spark in my social life. Athens has a few pretty great off leash areas. It was her insatiable energy that required me to spend countless hours a week at the dog park. there that I made fabulous friends and met my future husband. The story is a lot cheesier than that but I'll spare you. She has a thankless job, this dog of mine. I swore I'd never become one of those mushy animal people. That was before I had one of my own. Just wait until I have kids. Whew. I'm going to be out of control.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home