Tuesday, October 12, 2004

One is the loneliest Number

Windsor Button had a Columbus Day Sale yesterday, 20% off.

Yeah Windsor Button!



Lookeee at all the goodies. A treat for me, something for the sister, something for a new munchkin in incubation and something for Gus (
cutie newborn pic of the little man.)

Three hours later and this is what I have.



Isn't it the cutest thing you've ever seen? They're UGG booties from a
Knitty Gritty episode. Check out the pattern here. They use Berroco Suede and Berroco Plush. They have a cool "suede" texture to them. It was super easy to knit and if you're patient any level of knitter could do it. Attaching the fuzz was the most difficult part. I chose to use the Plush yarn to pick up stitches along the sides and over the front. I then weaved another strand through these stitches. I switched the two suede colors by accident. The darker should be the sole. Oh well, I think it turned out pretty good! I’ll get started on to the second one soon.

Check out
KatyKnits version. She did hers in one color of Suede. They are just as cute and if you don’t already have suede in your stash I am pretty sure you could get one pair out of one ball. Too cute!


Don't forget! Amy Singer is at Circles tonight signing her book Knit Wit. It is a potluck. I'll be there with bells on!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was at Windsor Button yesterday with my friend, Marissa. I loaded up. :> I am now working on 4 projects simultaneously... it's so easy to become obsessed.

Looking forward to seeing you soon, Wendy!

~ Erin

10/12/2004 9:32 AM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

How fun, I'm sorry I missed you guys! What did you get?

10/12/2004 10:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Ugg Booties are so cute. My mom got a skein of Plush and I bought two more skeins of Suede in hot pink and the lighter brown. They are such fun to make. I think yours look terrific.

Katyknits

10/13/2004 6:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I love the Uggs. I'm planning on making the hat and the uggs for my cousin's not-yet-born baby. I think it'd be cute for either gender, right?

I'm planning on using Lion Brand suede, just because it's cheaper and I found it first (with lion brand polarspun as the lining). I'm looking to see if anyone has tried it with the lion brand, and how it turned out.

3/13/2005 8:48 PM  
Blogger Bookish Wendy said...

Monyca ~ I don't have your email, so I'm hoping you'll check back. Yes, they would be cute for either gender. If you're comfortable playing with your gauge you really could use any yarn. It's a fun easy knit!

4/03/2005 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home