Friday, November 05, 2004

The Bored March

I'm happy to say that knitting has taken over my life. Why am I happy about this? Well frankly, it needed taking over. I am an active person with a lazy streak. Hmmm, how does this play out in my everyday life? Not well I'm afraid. Wanting to: Be Productive! Do Something Significant! Enrich the Life of Others! doesn't really mix well with: I love my Bed! I love my Couch! Hmmm, I'm lazy! They just don't play well together. I'd spend many of my free evenings wandering around our house whining about how bored I was. I can't read anymore, I'm not hungry, I don't want to take the dogs to the park AGAIN. Rob would be off in his productive corner of the house writing, playing music, listening to music, theorizing about his latest conspiracy theory (he'd be bored stiff if Bush hadn't been elected) rolling his eyes at my bored march.

Enter knitting...enter my couch...ahhh, production at its laziest.
With this new lazy productive hobby I've started constantly scanning magazines for knitted objects. I found these two sweaters in Self Magazine (the irony).





Aren't they beautiful? The pink one is neat because it's garter stitch (or just the purl side of stockinette, I can't tell.) I like how the thick rib pops out of this background. The brown one is cool just because it's different. One day I will figure out how to reproduce things.
FroggyKnits does a great review of the stuff coming out of Anthropologie, one of my favorite catalogs for knitted objects.

Until I learn how to challenge the knitting goddess I think I'll continue on to the sweater with the sleeves that could take over the world (Banff!) and marvel at my ability to be lazy and productive at the same time.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Knitting quiets the *monkey mind* that makes us pace and whine.
Plus, we have something to WEAR when we finally do get up from
holding down the couch.
The best of all possible outcomes!
Thanks for the comment!
Greta

11/05/2004 4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home