Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Living Without the Dork Underwear.

Pictures may be hit or miss for awhile. It seems that the servers "heart-beat" is dying. I'm not entirely sure what that means but it sounds horrible. We'll have to offer it a bit of forgiveness. I may be switching if things don't get fixed up (open heart surgery?) until then, bear with me plueeze.

In the meantime, I've resurrecting my Hello service to share this with you:


Jess, wearing the fuzzy scarf I made for her. She emailed me this picture the other day to let me know she was enjoying her scarf and wondering if this was the proper way to wear it. She's a card that one.

In other news. Kris, of knitting at Village Books Fame, is now a blogger. We had a great time brain storming blog names. She settled on, Shine On! Go check her out and let her know that her project list is a lot shorter than yours.

Finally, Lolly girl tagged me for this game.

What was the last book you read or are reading?
I am currently reading, Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger. In spite of what my sidebar will try to convince you. I'm reading this for my real-life bookclub (as opposed to K1R2.) It's a great read that is getting me out of my reading funk. I have to be finished by the 16th. If I read 50 pages a day I should get there just fine.

I just read the Knitter's Almanac by Elizabeth Zimmerman, a b-day gift from the above mentioned Kris (look how fun it is to link to you now!) Great book...I'll talk more about it in a later post.

Where did it come from (library, bookstore, gift, etc.)?
Local Independent Bookstore, Village Books. I try to do all my shopping at the mom and pops of the area. Fortunately our neighborhood is filled to the brim. It's not always possible but I do give it my best shop!

How many books do you read per year?
Compared to Lolly (73?!), not that many. I would say at the very least I get to 1.5 per month. Maybe more, it really just depends. I get into cycles where I'll read non-stop. I read 5 books on our honeymoon. And yes, I had a good time!

What is your favorite genre?
The novel and short stories. I like authors that f*ck with my head. Henry James to name one. I enjoy being manipulated by an author. I'm not sure what this says about me. I haven't read too many short stories lately. I would have to say that Lorrie Moore is still my favorite short story author.

Who will you tag now?
I haven't tagged in awhile. How about Kris and Jackie!

I have lots of pictures to share. Hopefully I'll find some time this week to update the previous post (about the Clap) and get to all of the fun I had this past week!! In the meantime you'll just have to live without your daily glimpse of the dork underwear. I know, I know - a tradegy that cannot be avoided.

Lunch hour is OVER!

1 Comments:

Blogger THW said...

Yikes, looks like a terrorist.

3/08/2005 7:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home