Thursday, March 10, 2005

tiny bits of joy

My new job is dangerously close to a drugstore. You know what this means? Cadbury Creme Eggs. Easily accessible Cadbury Creme eggs. I was wondering how many calories these tiny bits of joy have. Google to the rescue.

They have 175 calories, exactly the amount of calories I burned on the treadmill this morning.

Umpf. What to do?

Fun Facts about Cadbury Creme Eggs (via Cadbury themselves)

Did you know?

* If all the Creme Eggs made by us in one year were stacked one on top of each other they would stretch from the Bournville factory in Birmingham all the way to Australia - that's around 12,000 miles.

* Over 300 million eggs are produced each year - five for every person in the UK

* The Cadbury Creme Egg plant at Bournville can 'lay' 66,000 Creme Eggs every hour - more than 1.5 million eggs a day.

* We produce eggs all the year round in order to meet the demand - even though they are only sold between January and Easter.

6 Comments:

Blogger benedetta said...

would you believe that my British husband, who does not eat anything sweet ever, is addicted to those things?
as for me, their sweetness makes my teeth scream...

3/10/2005 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what to do: only eat them on the treadmill? only eat them between January and Easter? only eat five of them? only eat them until, stacked on top of yourself, you would reach all the way to Australia? (You can have mine. I agree, they're too sweet.)

3/10/2005 6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only sold between January and Easte? Hm, I beg to differ since I see them, albeit dust covered, year round in some spots. Who's to say that some of those babies aren't uh, recycled from last year's batch, or beyond! eek.
julia fc
mothheaven

3/15/2005 9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Only sold between January and Easte? Hm, I beg to differ since I see them, albeit dust covered, year round in some spots. Who's to say that some of those babies aren't uh, recycled from last year's batch, or beyond! eek.
julia fc
mothheaven

3/15/2005 9:02 AM  
Blogger Dana S. Whitney said...

Cadbury eggs. Yum. I like the chocolate and/or caramel filled ones. sigh.

I think Hello is worth it. I use Picasso... (I guess) and can only do captions for the photos... although maybe it has more to do with the style of blog I picked.... I've been fearful of what scrambling might happen if I reformat my whole blog!

Happy knitting. I like the Head Man story. He is definitely cross dressing a bit, dont you think?

3/17/2005 1:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never had a Cadbury cream egg, but it seems likely that 5 per person is not enough. Can we assume that there are many deprived people in the British isles, deeply resenting the exports?

3/22/2005 8:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home