Sunday, December 11, 2005

Me. Me. Me.



I recently tackled a project that has been on my to knit list for over a year. Two woman from my knit group, Kris and Barbara, gave me Exquisite Little Knits by Iris Schreier & Laurie J. Kimmelstiel and Art Yarns Super Merino Colorway 105 for a wedding gift.

First of all, I love that I get yarn for a wedding gift. This was a simple knit that I did for myself. All me. Me. Me. Me. It only took me a year and a half to get to it. At this rate, the knit list is obviously going to grow a lot faster than projects are finished.

For this yarn, I choose a pattern from the book, The Flying V scarf. I have knit up two of Iris Schreier's patterns. She has really cool designs - ingenious and fun with just enough challenge to keep you interested.

The yarn is so yum and squishy and soft. The scarf stretched quite a bit with use. I wonder if it is the yarn or the pattern? No matter...I love them both all the same.

10 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Very cool. It's sort of like Jaywalker socks but in a scarf version. And, how does the husband feel about yarn for a wedding gift? Just asking. ;-)

12/11/2005 9:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful. I love the yarn and the pattern.

12/11/2005 9:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think I admired this when I saw you wearing it, no? But it's beautiful regardless! And yarn for a wedding present sounds very appropriate to me. Wish I had thought of it.

12/11/2005 9:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Having seen this scarf in action, I can attest to its loveliness and yumminess.

Is there anything Artyarns can't do?

I think not.

12/11/2005 9:36 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Those colors look really good on you.

12/12/2005 9:55 AM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

i'd like the answer to Carole's question... how did the hubby react when the wedding gift was opened and out sprang yarn?

lovely scarf! i bet it's going to get a lot of use this winter.

12/12/2005 1:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I clicked on the top picture and it got so big I thought I was going to be able to walk down the squishy knitted road.
Cool.

12/12/2005 1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very nice! I love that colorway. Nice picture too. I love when people take artsy pictures of their work.

12/12/2005 4:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very beautiful! It is lovely to see how the yarn knit up....

12/13/2005 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've gotten thru row 15 of the Flying V and am STUCK. What does she mean "On the other side,..." The other side of what? Right now I have a little triangle hanging down from the needle with 9 extra stiches sticking out the side with the working yarn. I'd love some advice. Carolyn R

9/16/2006 4:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home