Monday, February 13, 2006

Me and My Shadow

The stats at the beginning of my post yesterday include yesterday's progress. I was hoping to knit some more before bed but didn't quite make it. A Bookish Girl's gotta read, you know?!

Here is a progress pic from yesterday:



Not too bad. However, it is key to remember that before this morning I hadn't worked since I cast on for this progress. My job, on a good day, occupies much of my day. I commute via public transportation, approximately 1.5 hours per day. I work for at least 9.0 hours per day, usually without a lunch. I sleep for between 8.0 - 9.0 hours per night (this is a bare minimum for me, I require a crap load of sleep. I wish I could fix this.) Add misc tasks in there - showering, eating, taking care of Rob and the animals - approximately 2.0 hours. What do I have left:

1.5 + 9.0 + 9.0 + 2.0 = 21.5 occupied hours OR 24.0 hours - 21.5 hours = 2.5 free hours.

See, math is easy ;)

Basically if I have good, normal days at work I can get at least 2 hours of knitting in during a week day. I can knit during my commute but I never make a significant dent. Too much going on. This gives me 10 total hours of weeknight knitting during the competition.

Not a lot and I'm worried. Can you call in knitting to work?

Here is a close up of the increases on the arm (and my shadow..me and my shaaaadooow...blah, blah, blah, blah.)



This pattern uses the knit, knit through the back loop increase. kfb? Is that the abbreviation? (forgive me, I am stuck on my couch and am comfy and not getting up for trivial knitting terms.)

I have never liked this increase and had I had my wits about me I wouldn't have used it here. I'm mad at those holes. Holes, you stink. I'm hoping that the yarn will fill in a bit with blocking (which it will, as demonstrated by my swatch.)

With this pattern you are increasing at the end and beginning of the round. I would do paired increases M1R and M1L instead of the KFB(?). I'm just a bigger fan of the V the M1's create.

Rya is the pooch in my last picture. She's my sweet baby and my knitting partner. She is also spoiled rotten.

Are we bored with these posts yet? I am.


Me, after a few drinks with the shell of a knitted Tetrahymena on my head.


14 Comments:

Blogger Carole Knits said...

Great picture. Oh yeah.

2/13/2006 9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who could be bored when you stick a picture like that on the end? Looks like me after 1 hour of knitting!

2/13/2006 10:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Freakin' goofball. Love.

2/13/2006 10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First I have to say, love the goofball pic, *snicker*
You could, probally, work M1R and M1L. A increase is a increase, right? well, ok as long as the st slants in the right way.
I love the yarn that you picked for your hourglass!!

2/13/2006 10:53 PM  
Blogger Vicki Knitorious said...

OMG, my HEART dropped!! I thought your SHADOW was a STAIN from something that had SPILLED (thinking the worst here, of course -- coffee, caramel-colored carbonated water)! Oh, be still my heart.

Oh. I'm fine. Really. Carry on to your fullest, goofiest cuteness.

2/13/2006 11:51 PM  
Blogger CynCyn said...

being obsessive compulsive is not a problem unless it takes up so much time that you get nothing else accomplished. (according the the american psychiatric assoc). seriously. :)

2/14/2006 12:43 AM  
Blogger maryse said...

oh god, i thought that shadow was a coffee stain!

2/14/2006 6:45 AM  
Blogger claudia said...

Bored? Here? Never!

No spa for me -- family stuff on Saturday. :(

2/14/2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hehehe, yep, freakin' goofball. :)

2/14/2006 9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is the me and my shadow song sung to the tune of me and my llama?

Because that song rocks.

Anyway, totally thought the shadow was a stain too - very glad to know it's not :)

2/14/2006 9:30 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

That picture is truly priceless!

2/14/2006 1:14 PM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

you so silly.

2/15/2006 11:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love love your pics and your blog - just found it from carrieoke's fav links. BTW - there's a FREE eggplant pattern here http://www.jimmybeanswool.com/freeKnittingPatternBabyRattles.asp

I'm a very new knitter and made several sets of these for baby gifts sans rattle parts - just nice squishy baby toys. - That eggplant justs might work for your tetrahymena - it was very "eggplant" or pear shaped.

I gotta add you to my list just to come back for a giggle and some MATH!! tehe

2/22/2006 9:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Reading your great blog for the 1st time; I think I would've interpreted KFB to mean "Knit in the front and back loop of the stitch" and then drop it off the needle. An increase made that way leaves a little purl bump which is less noticable and more stable than the little holes. Just sayin'.....
Good luck!

2/22/2006 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home