Sunday, March 12, 2006

She's crafty - and she's just my type


I'm a pretty crafty person by nature. An artist? No. Crafty, yes. I am also a bad blogger and barely manage to eek out posts about my knitting/reading/daily adventures. The crafty-ass stuff that happens here? Totally falls through the cracks.

Today, I tackled a fun and easy project. I made a magnet of the Knitting Olympics Gold Medal. Finishing a sweater in 16 days is quite an accomplishment and surely deserves some real estate on the 'fridge.

I had to play with Franklin's illustration a bit to make it the right resolution for printing. The image is not as crisp as I would have liked but still works for this project.


This is by far one of my favorite crafting tools. A Circular Cutting Thingy. I originally purchased it to help with the Wedding favors I made for our big day. It is super cool.


Cutting the medal out is a snap.




My other favorite crafting tool? My sticker maker. Love. It.



A sticker of the gold medal. This is cool in its own right - but I wanted to take it one step further.

Here is a magnet sheet. You can get these in most craft stores or here (these are self adhesive - no sticker maker necessary).



Stick the sticker onto the magnet and viola! You've got a Gold Medal magnet.




Love it!


Coming Soon - the sweater that earned me the gold...




14 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great use of medal. Even better sweater. Wonderful fit. Versatile color. It looks really really good on you. (And I love the poses, you vixen you.)

3/12/2006 10:34 PM  
Blogger maryse said...

ha! excellent medal!

i bought tons of crafty tools for my wedding projects too. but i do not have one of those circle cutters or the sticker maker. hmmmm.

3/13/2006 7:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it looks like the medal is settling in with your other refridgerator. (a grand idea, simply grand.)

The sweater is beautiful - it looks like it fits like a dream and you can really pull off the cream color. Congrats again!

3/13/2006 7:37 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

Great idea! The sweater is an obvious Gold Medal effort ... it fits beautifully, and tht cream color is to die for on you.

Well done!

3/13/2006 7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn that sweater looks good!!
Love the magnet. I forget about those great magnet makers. My mom has one... must borrow it soon!!

3/13/2006 8:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful sweater, perfect for (and on) you! I'm about to start my first sweater, so I'll draw courage from your accomplishment. I still love the magnet you made for me with my banner!

3/13/2006 9:34 AM  
Blogger goodkarma said...

Oh, honey, that sweater fits you PERFECTLY! So happy for you!! :)

3/13/2006 9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great idea to do a magnet! I ran mine through my sticker maker to double laminate them, then I hung them from sparkly red yarn to make "medals" for my teammates. They loved it! I have to get one of those circular cutters, though - I had a few bobbles cutting them out with scissors.

Your sweater looks fantastic!

3/13/2006 10:56 AM  
Blogger Jscothammerquist said...

What a great sweater ! It fits great, makes you look like a sex kitten, MWRAH !

3/13/2006 11:35 AM  
Blogger Cathi said...

Thank god, a picture, finally! I was beginning to wonder if you were an olympic sadist. :) It looks faboo, I can't wait to see a full-on photo shoot.

3/13/2006 2:52 PM  
Blogger Lucia said...

That is brilliant! Makes me wish all the more that I'd won one. Next time I'll knit a Barbie sweater.

3/13/2006 3:37 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Your sweater is just gorgeous! I love the collage you made. It cracks me up that you made a fridge magnet for it too! But really that was hard work and quite an accomplishment to finish it in that time frame. I'd be pretty proud of myself too!

3/13/2006 9:34 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I'm so late to the party, but yay for monkey bread! And I am so in awe of how you took Habu laceweight and magically transformed it into such a perfect sweater.

3/14/2006 3:13 AM  
Blogger Julie said...

The sweater looks absolutely ace! Love the magnet too though I'd have been lazy and just done the printable magnet sheets.

3/14/2006 8:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home