Monday, June 05, 2006

The Internet that Ate my Brain

So. Tired.

The internet ate me last night. I was up until 1 a.m. with all of these cool language sites. Seriously, I have a problem.

Tonight I'm focused on twisted rib for my Cork project. I hate this part. Twisted rib, 100+ stitches in the round with size 11 needles. Not. fun. It's taken me all night to get through five rows. No joke.

Rob and I are thinking of taking an overnight somewhere nearby for his birthday. We hope to head out next weekend, with the dogs. We are poor and would like a fun adventurous 24+ hours within a 150 mile radius of Boston. I've been trying to find a cheap cabin to rent for the night but the internet truly doesn't lend itself to these type of things. We would be up for camping but we can only go for one night and that seems like a lot of prep work for one evening.
Any suggestions? The only real requirement is that the dogs must be welcomed.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you're willing to splurge, Simmons Way Inn in Hyannis accepts dogs. There are also a few guest houses in P-town that take pets.

Up in Vermont there is Camp Gone to the Dogs - http://www.campgonetothedogs.com/html/home.html. The inns that they use all accept pets. Stowe is a great place to hang out with the pups.

You can also check out http://www.petswelcome.com/milkbone/framelist.html. I've found their listings to be reliable.

6/05/2006 10:07 PM  
Blogger megret said...

I was going to suggest Bar Harbor (too far..) or Portland, ME, since I love the beach and water, but my Dad used to take us to the White Mtns every summer, and we always loved it... especially the drive along the Kangamangas. There are a multitude of campsites, but I also found this: http://www.villagehouse.com a bed and breakfast in Jackson NH that allows dogs.

It might be worth a call- I have found bed and breakfasts are usually hit or miss, but the good ones are always wonderful.

I hope you find a great retreat.

6/05/2006 10:10 PM  
Blogger Chris said...

Bill Bryson has a fun book about English (The Mother Tongue?) that you might enjoy reading/listening to.

6/06/2006 8:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if maine is at all interesting...i have a friend that used to go there quite a bit with her pets. Let me know...

6/06/2006 8:22 AM  
Blogger Martha said...

I've long thought Nickerson State Park in Barnstable sounded like fun: http://www.mass.gov/dcr/parks/southeast/nick.htm

The website doesn't say anything about dogs, though, so I can't vouch for that.

6/06/2006 8:52 AM  
Blogger Mini said...

We love this little campground in NH for weekend trips... if you scootch out of work by 5, up there by 7... the tent up by 8--- you'll get 2 nights. It's Thousand Oaks campground in Franklin NH.

Also, we love Portland and Kennebunk "preseason" and usually you can get a pretty good rate. Our cat will not vacation with us (we ask, she refuses) so I am not sure about pet friendly hotels. Have you looked out in W.Mass? IN NoHo? NoHo has to have some pet friendly places... I see dogs everywhere when I am out there---

6/06/2006 2:36 PM  
Blogger Jena said...

Wakeda Campground in Hampton Falls, NH (http://www.wakedacampground.com).

6/07/2006 9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home