NOT Dirty 30!
Today is Robby's birthday. How old is he now? Older than I can count. Older than the Magna Carta. Older than the mountains. Older than the oceans..
Okay - he is not that old.
A brain stormed list of reasons I am glad Rob was born..
1. Um, obvious one first - If he hadn't been I would be without a husband.
2. He is kind to animals of all sizes, shapes, and kinds. Even bees. He rescues bees from swimming pools. Seriously.
3. He is funny. I mean fall over, hold your hand over your crotch to avoid peeing your pants funny.
4. He is supportive. I could tell him that I wanted to move to Siberia to make snowmen and he would be up for it. He may complain like it's going out of style. But, he would go.
5. He told me on our 4th date that he wanted to have kids with me. Yes, this freaked my shit. However, his honesty, tenacity, and utter devotion in the face of rejection allowed me to somehow filter through my cold, dark heart and fall in love.
6. If I say, "Honey, do you want some ice cream." He'll get up from the couch, walk into the kitchen and return with a bowl of ice cream, complete with Rainbow sprinkles FOR ME. Seriously, no training necessary, he just came this way.
7. He is a lover of words. We like different words, but he loves them just the same.
8. He is passionate about things he cares about. Don't even get him started on JFK and the current administration and all other things that reek of hidden agendas and dishonesty.
9. He thinks Jesus was a cool dude and an incredible role model. He also believes he was a pacifist and a benevolent person. As people go - Jesus is a pretty good guy to model yourself after...regardless of where you stand on the whole "son of God" thing.
10. He believes in family and devotion and love.
11. He is a good friend to those around them. He knows how to listen and truly enjoys hearing what people have to say.
12. He can, if you can get him out of his rocking chair and kick off his old man suit, be really spontaneous and adventurous.
13. He is incredibly complicated and filled with contradictions. Always keeps you guessing, that one.
14. There is something about him that just fits. I don't know what it is or how to define it. It is just there and I love it and I love him.
Happy Birthday Bo-bo.